• Complete general bookkeeping, financial administration, and payroll duties as necessary working with a principal partner to navigate year-end responsibilities with ease.
• Liaise directly with business clients, using strong communication and customer service skills to ensure customer awareness of practices and provide a positive, professional face to the business.
• Provide Time and Billing Software administration support including preparation of invoices within job training provided.
• Import client data from the CRA website during tax season and provide data entry support in transferring information to the internal network.
• Track client’s returns using Microsoft Excel, using a detail-oriented approach to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Employ a strong understanding of relevant legislative guidelines to guide ethical, confidential accounting practices throughout work.
• Provide another office administrative support as necessary including filing and ensuring well-stocked office material.
• Completion or enrollment in education to achieve CPA designation an asset.
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin is a must
• Relevant post-secondary education in accounting, business, or related field.
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online and strong Microsoft Office skills, expert-level Excel skills required.
• Demonstrated general understanding of accounting practice including year-end accruals, deprecation, bookkeeping, and payroll.
• Strong understanding of legislative and ethical responsibilities as it relates to finance, audits and accounting, and consistent adherence throughout professional history.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and comfortability liaising directly with clients with minimal oversight.
• A positive and self-directed approach to the workplace, with the ability to complete job duties efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Address 255 Duncan Mill Rd. Ste. 203, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 3H9, Canada