- Prepare thorough account reconciliations; analyze, correct and be able to explain any variances.
- accounting close schedule, including standard entries and accruals.
- Work with a variety of data sources to monitor transactions for accuracy and completeness.
- Follow up with vendor to keep account updated, prepare rent schedule and submit the payment application
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and routine corporate reporting as well as perform analysis of specific accounts or transactions, as required
- Complete corporate tax filings such as HST, QST, RST, PST
- Prepare requested schedules, reconciliation, complete foreign exchange translations, perform cut-off procedures and provide supporting documents while working with the external auditors
- Keep all sensitive matters confidential
- 1-2 years of full time work experience in accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to manage multiple task and meet deadline
- Experienced with ecommerce businesses (Amazon, Shopify, Walmart or eBay) is an asset