Chestnut Hill Developments
Since 1981 Chestnut Hill Developments have been building award-winning communities across the GTA. To fulfill our commitment to offering fine-quality homes in memorable settings at attainable prices,
Chestnut Hill Developments is a privately owned with extensive industry relationships. Based in Toronto, we invest in high-quality commercial and residential development projects throughout the GTA. We focus on opportunities which are too large for individuals to personally execute, but below the traditional thresholds institutional investors pursue. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums.
Chestnut Hill Developments is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process
You will be a key member of the High-Rise Residential Construction Team based at our Head Office located in North York, Ontario. You will report to the Controller.
The Project Accountant will be primarily responsible to take responsibility for the full accounting cycle and ad hoc projects for several of our diverse and exciting development projects and investments. Additional responsibilities will be required on a periodic basis including covering accounts payable, supporting various information requests and financial analysis. The ideal candidate must be well organized, proactive, hard-working and should be able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Full cycle accounting including AP, AR bank/credit card/trust account/prepaid reconciliation
- Prepare and file GST/HST returns
- Assist in monthly end and quarter end closing process including preparing accrual journal entries and GL account reconciliations
- Post equity contribution/distribution entries and make distribution payments per request
- Prepare worksheet and posting closing entries for acquisition, disposition, refinancing
- Assist with financial reporting, year-end adjustment, year end package for the Accountants
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting packages to senior management and external business partners (training will be provided)
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and quality management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting, 1-2 years’ experience in the real estate industry is considered a strong asset
- Ability to use professional judgment with excellent accounting knowledge on GL, financial reporting and year-end adjustments
- Excellent attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to maintain a high deal of accuracy
- Proficient with Newstar, Microsoft Office
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- A great team player who can also work independently
Academic & Educational Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field of study; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
Salary: Based on experience
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- accounting: at least 2 year (preferred)
Our attitude and approach set us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose. Many of our team have been here for more than 10 years and some more than 30 years.
Our employees are the heart and soul of our business performance, which is why we believe in putting people first. We like to think of our culture as one big family.
We look forward to hearing from you, but please note; due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who qualify will be contacted.