Downtown professional services company requires a Junior Accountant to join their team.
• Managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable workload; ensuring that all data entry, filing, and invoice inquiries are completed in a timely manner
• Working with the account team to generate and manage purchase orders
• Executing of weekly bank runs
• Overseeing of credit card reconciliations with support from the Office Manager
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Assisting with agency cash flow management including maintaining and analysis of cash flow document and identifying potential cash flow issues
• Ongoing monitoring of administrative budgets including analysis of variances between forecasted and spending
• Working closely with account team to help them manage budgets, reconcile jobs, and produce
• client billing
• Assisting with month end closing duties and preparation of month end reports including quarterly retainer reconciliations and other performance related reports
• Supporting the VP of Finance and Senior Accountant by fulfilling additional projects and tasks as required
Requirements of the Junior Accountant:
• 1 – 3 years of related finance or accounting experience within marketing/communications
• A post-secondary education in accounting, finance, or related field of study
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented with sound analytical skills.
• Working towards an accounting designation (CPA) is an asset
• Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
To apply now contact: [email protected]