Title: Junior/Senior Real Estate Accountants
Permanent position Location: Markham, ON. Starting Date: as soon as possible
CIM International Group Inc. is a diversified organization whose primary focus is on real estate development, mining, high technology development, merchant banking, mergers & acquisitions, international investment banking and advisory services, and corporate finance. CIM was listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) under the ticker symbol (CSE: CIM) effective May 9, 2016.
We are looking for a full time Accountant to join the real estate accounting team at our offices in Markham, Ontario. This position is responsible for all accounting transactions and documentation using company approved procedures which must comply with IFRS and Canadian GAAP accounting principles and standards. We are looking for a hands-on, pro-active, accounting professional who can work in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Accounting team, Senior Executive Management and peers in operations, technology, marketing etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completing all aspects of financial accounting and reporting including journal entry preparation, documentation, review and classification of expenses, accruals, fixed asset amortization and monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly management reports, including cashflow management and forecasting reports, actual vs budget analysis, cost summaries and other reports as required.
- Intercompany transaction documentation, inter-company journal entries and reconciliation.
- Participating in month-, quarter- and year-end closing procedures, which includes multi-entity consolidation, and preparing consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements for multiple entities within the global group of companies.
- Generating supporting schedules and reconciliations to accompany the company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Maintaining all accounting records and general ledgers including legal, banking, government and regulatory filings.
- Acting as the company liaison for financial reporting and accounting issues with bankers, regulators, external auditors, and affiliate companies of the organization, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Real estate background is required with experience working with Jonas accounting software and Quickbooks .
- College or university education in accounting.
- CA or CPA designation would be an asset.
- IFRS and Canadian GAAP experience.
- A solid 2+ years of professional or real estate industry experience at the intermediate level.
- Experience with private and public company financial statement preparation, tax filings, maintaining general ledgers, accounting policies and internal controls is essential.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools Excel, Word, and Outlook etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Real estate background with Jonas accounting software: 2 years
- English and Mandarin