We’re looking for an experienced Lead Surfacing Artist to join our crew!
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
What You’ll Do:
● Work with the Assets Supervisor, Cg Supervisor and Art Director to reach the intended look of
Characters/Props /Environments based on the guidelines outlined
● Train and coach surfacing team to ensure quality and consistency
● Manage surfacing team members to hit targets scheduled quotas
● Troubleshoot with team any potential technical or creative problems
● Primary Role is to develop UV / Texture / Develop Shaders to be used in Production.
● Ensure there are consistent naming structures for textures, shaders and shading networks
● Keep up to speed with up and coming technology, and make recommendations for workflow
Apply If You Have:
● 4+ years experience in assets production
● Strong understanding of how an Animation TV series pipeline operate
● Strong traditional artwork portfolio is an asset
● Strong Knowledge of Substance Painter
● Knowledge of Substance Designer, zBrush, Houdini is an asset
● A Portfolio that demonstrates intelligent and well utilized UVs
● A good understanding of the PBR workflow
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Please advise us if you require accommodation. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.