- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Manager, Assurance and Accounting Training to join our growing Assurance Professional Standards Group. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned. Specifically, our Assurance Professional Standards Group works internally to support the delivery of assurance and accounting services, the development and coordination of assurance and accounting training materials and the communication of assurance and accounting matters throughout the firm.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) who has a passion for professional development and learning. The successful candidate will add value by applying their knowledge and expertise to support the delivery of assurance and accounting services, the development and coordination of assurance and accounting training materials and the communication of assurance and accounting matters throughout the firm.
ROLE @ MNP
- Leveraging bilingual French and English skills, deliver industry and technical expertise in assurance and accounting through stakeholder interactions and the creation of high-quality learning and training deliverables
- Combine formal and creative writing to develop, maintain and facilitate accounting and assurance related training in MNP’s extensive, in-house education programs
- Develop and maintain practice aids for engagements in different industries
- Collaborate with the MNP Learning & Development team to improve learning outcomes
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project teams across Canada
- Support the management and communication of MNP’s internal professional development requirements
- Play an integral role in driving our quality initiatives
- Support the development and maintenance of the firm’s accounting and auditing protocols
- Work with members of the Assurance Professional Standards Group to establish and maintain engagement policies, guidelines, procedures and tools
- Engage in continuous learning to stay informed of changes in the profession through research and by attending relevant industry events and training/information sessions
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Leverage teams appropriately to ensure delivery of resources that are complete, accurate and timely
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Promote strong work effort, a balanced lifestyle and a high standard of team wellness
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events and company sponsored functions
- Network in the local business community and consider business development opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Bilingual in French and English, and able to read, write and converse in both French and English with regard to technical accounting and assurance matters required
- Completion of a CPA designation or equivalent
- Minimum four (4) to five (5) years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with CAS, ASPE and IFRS
- The following experience would be considered an asset:
- Development or facilitation of assurance and accounting learning
- Experience in Public Companies, Technology, Indigenous or Agriculture industries
- US GAAP, or PCAOB or US auditing standards
- Recent experience managing client engagements
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Proven technical writing and project management skills
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and bookkeeping software (e.g. CaseWare, Quickbooks)
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills with Microsoft 365 applications
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our [email protected] program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!