Our team of professionals help our clients manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client’s business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
What you will do
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Detailed review of review and notice to reader working paper files, including unaudited financial statements and notes thereto.
- Preparation and review of personal and corporate income tax returns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management. Become a primary relationship manager with certain clients.
- Scheduling the team of accountants to provide services to a wide variety of clients and managing the client relationships
- Coach, guide and mentor staff accountants.
What you bring to the role
- You will possess the following skills and behaviours,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, but also provide supervision and guidance in a team environment.
- Previous use of Tax Prep and Caseview, Caseware programs would be beneficial.
- CPA designation or working towards.
- As this is a non-audit position, 5-10 years post graduate experience in a Public Accounting firm working on owner-managed clients is essential.
- 1-5 years experience in a managerial role.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.