Reporting to the Director, HR/OD Strategies, this position is responsible for ensuring applicable and effective training and education to Home and Community Care staff, related to the use of CHRIS, assessment tools and other relevant data bases and applications. This position is responsible for leadership related to efficient and effective business processes that support Home and Community Care service goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops education for various aspects of patient service functions.. These education programs will maintain a focus of value to the patient through comprehensive education and training of Home and Community Care staff, while providing optimum efficiency and efficacy to the organization.
- Ensures that Home and Community Care applications are appropriately integrated into business processes.
- Ensures effective education, training and support services are in place to facilitate effective utilization of interRAI assessment tools and facilitate effective service planning and monitoring
- Supports the development or revision of business processes as required by changes to operations, new initiatives and evolution of existing technology.
- Reviews and evaluates existing business processes and training materials to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborates with managers, process owners, and end users to further refine education and training to support business operations requirements and goals
- Collaborates with Manager, OD in development and maintenance of an annual Training Calendar
- Utilizes change management principles in delivery of new education and processes.
- Develops and delivers, or oversees delivery of education to staff.
- Oversees and coordinates new data base software rollouts and upgrades
- Monitors and evaluates the compliance to business process and training, as well as identifies areas that are opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares reports on core process key performance metrics when applicable.
- Ensures education is provided to support provision of the high data integrity and quality within the data collection systems.
- In coordination with the Business Intelligence Unit and other support areas, reviews reports and conducts data analysis to identify data anomalies and inconsistencies; coordinates corrective procedures.
- Assists with the analysis of ad hoc reports and report requests in support of specific business process initiatives.
- Develops processes to ensure that data entered and used by the SE LHIN is as accurate as possible.
- Provides support in the analysis and interpretation of provincial data provided by the MOHLTC and other provincial bodies to better apply this knowledge to the mission and goals of the SE LHIN.
- Provides South East LHIN representation on provincial working groups and meetings related to CHRIS and Assessment projects
- Identifies education requirements and recommends training, including methodologies and content in collaboration with education staff and others.
- Provides leadership on new initiatives and projects associated with enhancements in technology and improved efficiencies in patient services processes
- Acts as a key resource to LHIN management and staff regarding CHRIS, assessment tools, care coordination practice, and business processes and education
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree preferred in Health Sciences or other applicable discipline, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge and experience in CHRIS Software and application, interRAI Assessment suite, and LHIN patient service delivery processes.
- 5 years progressively responsible experience
- Experience with LEAN principles
- Experience in project management
- Expertise in patient service best practices and efficient process flow
- Management experience in a unionized environment with direct experience in change management preferred
- Expert understanding of assessment tools, outputs, and CHRIS and related application functionality
- Understanding of Home and Community Care processes and service delivery
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and creativity
- Ability to plan, execute and improve process efficiencies
- Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations is an asset.
Salary based on experience level
HOOPP pension plan
Extended health and dental benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time