- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Manager for our growing International Tax team.
ROLE @ MNP
- Proactively lead multiple client facing engagement teams involving international corporate tax matters for Canadian and foreign-based multinationals
- Assist in advising clients on tax matters involving the structuring of business expansions, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, repatriation, financing, shareholder planning, tax controversy and tax compliance.
- Mentor and develop junior level staff to achieve their career goals
- Actively participate in internal professional development events, such as preparing and facilitating technical learning and development sessions
- Promote the MNP brand and support in the firm’s business development initiatives
- Support the mission, vision, values and goals of the firm
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis on Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or/in combination with completion of the In-Depth Tax Course, or completion of a Masters Degree in Taxation.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in public practice, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience specializing in International Corporate Tax
- Experience in corporate income tax and information return review (T2, T1134, T1135, T106), preparation and/or review of surplus studies, tax research and drafting memoranda
- Strong knowledge of the foreign affiliate rules, including FAPI computation
- Comfort with tax research methods and databases
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our [email protected] program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!