- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Manager for our growing National Tax Services team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our National Tax Services team works internally to support the delivery of tax services, the development and coordination of tax training materials and the communication of tax matters throughout the firm.
ROLE @ MNP
- Develop and maintain Firm standards, processes and tools for use by all MNP team members in the delivery of tax services to our clients
- Assist in troubleshooting queries relating to preparation of tax returns through the Firm’s tax software
- Manage and maintain tax templates utilized by MNP team members in accordance with the latest tax updates
- Develop internal training materials and practice aids to support the implementation of Firm standards
- Facilitate and assist with firm-wide learning & development events as needed
- Research and keep up to date with the latest changes in local tax legislation as well as draft internal and external tax publications
- Prepare and participate in internal tax compliance and planning projects
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Completion of level 1 and 2 of the In-Depth Tax Program or Masters of Tax Program
- Four (4) or more years of relevant work experience in the tax practice of a public accounting firm ideally with private companies and owner-manager taxation
- Ability to communicate in both French and English
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working in Canadian Tax
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Taxcycle and Taxprep
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven technical writing and research skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management abilities
- Experience in dealing with CRA and Revenue Quebec is considered an asset
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!