The Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC) is a strategic business unit (SBU) at the Schulich School of Business. It is an operation that is self-sustaining. SEEC designs and develops non-degree management training offerings for organizational and individual clients in middle to senior manager/executive positions in the private sector, public sector and NGOs. The Manager of Projects and Operations works with the Associate Director of Finance and Planning to ensure that the goals and objectives of the Schulich Executive Education Centre are met with regards to overseeing operations and project management across all aspects of the business that includes program delivery, identification and implementation of various automation processes in order to ensure high quality and accuracy in program delivery as well as smooth operations of the unit. The Manager of Projects and Operations will be responsible for managing, tracking, evaluating and measuring project revenue, expenses, efficiencies, variances, gaps and risks. This includes tracking all client invoicing, client payments, participant payments, project expenses, participant materials, instructor invoices and contracting throughout all projects’ critical path. They will act as the liaison between program delivery and finance. They will provide reporting and analysis on the status of all projects to senior management, Associate Directors and Program Coordinators. The Manager of Projects and Operations will ensure SEEC’s delivery is consistent across all lines of business and maintains the highest quality standard. They will ensure an end-to-end frictionless experience from sign-up to the end of the program and include all phases of the journey as well as all technology employed. The Manager of Projects and Operations will define and recommend changes to technology and processes as required to meet the goals. They will support coordinators who are directly responsible for the logistical delivery of programs in ensuring the highest quality customer care services are delivered to both internal and external SEEC stakeholders (clients, instructors, staff etc).
University degree. PMP designation or equivalent.
5 years of experience in project management with a proven ability to lead complex initiatives including experience launching integrated complex initiatives while managing multiple stakeholders, and accurately interpreting business requirements and building project plans to deliver on objectives. 3 years of experience in higher education is desirable but not essential
– Project management experience and understanding of project management systems and software.
– Understanding of Executive Education market desirable.
– Commercial orientation is desirable.
– Understanding of process and customer experience analysis. exposure to design thinking.
– Computer savvy and comfortable in understanding Learning Management Systems (eg Canvas would be desirable), CMS systems Skills
– Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously. highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
– Proven track record launching integrated initiatives with the ability to roll out while managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders
– Accurately interprets business requirements and build project plans to deliver on objectives
– Assesses risks, develop and lead efforts at all stages across all projects
– Possesses unique analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
– Strong ability to influence others in a matrix environment, gaining buy-in at multiple levels across the organization
– Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter
– Success in building relationships and fostering a positive, inclusive organizational culture within a dynamic and complex environment.
– Ability to effectively work with and influence at all levels.
– Self-confidence and maturity to work constructively and decisively with instructors
– Excellent communications skills (oral and written), flexible and adaptable with exceptional change management, detail orientation and organizational skills. and strong solutions-focused problem-solving skills.
– Ability to present data and information in a compelling way to influence and achieve support for change.
– Ability to analyze the business, map processes and analyze data in order to highlight pain points for clients and partners.
– Proven orientation to delivering business results and a demonstrated ability to execute.
– Proven track record in managing multiple projects.
– Ability to manage a team of project coordinators.
– Both strategic planning skills with the ability to conceptualize and action initiatives to improve and streamline processes.
– High degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues and difficult situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
– Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
– Advanced Project Management software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.