$80,526.08 (this is a unionized position, salary is non-negotiable)
** 24/7 on-call is required as per business needs (on-call pay and OT is paid on top of base salary)
This position is responsible for varying Mobile Development assignments within the Application Development and Services Branch. This includes:
the utilization of developed skills in Vendor Relationship, Applications Programming, Technical Systems Analysis and Design to develop, implement, transition, for maintenance and support the WSIB’s software applications and various modules within a growing cross-platform mobile environment for the WSIB’s Enterprise. Knowledge and skill sets will be centered around the WSIB’s Business Environment to complement the build and distribution of mobile applications for iOS and Android devices. These mobile applications will focus primarily on an inter-application messaging architecture within a Web layer. This position is required to work as a member of a team or individually on complex or large assignments, or may act as a WSIB Subject Matter Expert overseeing work of a group of other professionals and vendor partners working on small assignments that are aligned with the WSIB’ s organizational commitments. Strong focus will be put on providing client and vendor support using an Agile Methodology for multiple new and existing services, resulting in excellent customer service, expert system maintenance and timely resolution of problems. This position requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility for customer success. The Mobile Developer is expected to be highly resourceful at responding to and managing customer issues in a timely manner.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of developing a suitable mobile solutions for iOS and Android devices to meet the business needs;
- Prepare proposals and estimates for small to medium size enhancements or projects
- Draft components of large project proposals,
- Demonstrate the added value to be gained from approval and implementation of the proposed components or projects.
- Analyze the client’s needs using established ITC Agile methodologies and analysis techniques
- Work closely with ITC Business Partners, Client Representatives, Vendor Partners, and other key WSIB areas to develop system specifications and detailed design documentation indicating clearly what the system is required to do.
- Evaluate alternative system solutions available and recommend proposed approach keeping in mind new technology trends in mobile application initiatives.
- Implement modifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration.
- Design and build the required system applications, customizing individual mobile components as required to meet client requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and developing program specifications to resolve programming problems.
- Participate, guide and support vendors in design and build to analyze and resolve technical issues and develop program specifications.
- Design and develop data layer features using Eclipse, Android Studio, Xcode and Swift 2 for design, development, and testing.
- Review and approve the use of Modularize database features.
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects adhering to all WSIB Guidelines and Incident Management processes.
- Improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the of Mobile applications for use within the WSIB enterprise network.
- Contribute proactively to all design and review sessions.
- Collaborate with UX Designers, Mobile Architects other Developers to implement full stack web and mobile solutions.
- Provide experience and design knowledge to develop scalable web applications using open source technologies.
- Provide experience and support with Object Oriented programming,
- Provide strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently on complex issues when needed and to collaborate efficiently with vendor experts to resolve customer issues quickly.
- Provide hands-on development support in hybrid applications with IONIC 2 and or cordova.
- Provide configuration and support of enterprise software applications.
- Provide hands-on knowledge of third-party libraries and related RESTful APIs.
- Provide solid Object Oriented programming design principals that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Provide knowledge of Windows and UNIX server operating systems as they relate to mobile development.
- Ability to build and support and transition highly scalable continuous integrations mobile solutions.
- Collaborate with Architecture / Vendors and peers to drive expert design, development for mobile solutions.
- Hands on involvement and clear oversight of implementation of mobile solutions in a multi-platform environment.
- Work with Business users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations.
- Responsible to ensure all WSIB Development and Operational and standards are achieved.
- Adhere to all ITC Gating and Security requirements.
- Recommend and/or develop standards for mobile distribution.
- Ensure Vendor and peers are informed and meet all WSIB Development and Operational Standards.
- Participate in reviews, triages and SWATs as informed WSIB subject matter expert in the area of mobile development.
- Participate in special time based technology projects
- Provide guidance and knowledge in Proof of Concepts designs and solutions for new Architecture.
- Translate requirements into a working solution design utilizing new technology or COTS software with Agile methodology.
- Work with the ITC technology, Business and innovation teams to provide feedback and review of Proof of Concepts.
- 24 x 7 project or L3 support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education (Level and Specialty / Discipline):
- University completion at the undergraduate level with a specialty focus in software engineering or computer science and certifications in ITIL Foundations, Google Mobile Web Specialist and iOS Application Development
- Mobile development experience required
- Portfolio of work (strong asset)
To apply, please click on the link below:
Job Type: Full-time