Toronto Mandarin School
Toronto Mandarin School (TMS) has been providing top-quality Mandarin Chinese language instruction to children, youth, adults, businesses and organizations for the past 18 years. In the beginning, we started with only 23 students. Now we boast 80 teachers, 56 courses, over 1000 students and 8 locations. Our primary goal is to teach our students Putonghua (Standard Mandarin), modern Chinese phonetic system (Hanyu Pinyin) and simplified Chinese characters, using the official language system of Mainland China. Our mission is to share and educate others about the Chinese language and culture, thereby encouraging a broader understanding and appreciation of the world beyond our borders.
Date: Dec.4, 2019
Position: Office Administrator (One-year contact)
Location: North York
Start Date: Jan, 2020
We are looking for a dynamic Office Administrator who is open-minded, self-motivated and fast-learning. This person has to be fluent in both English and Mandarin. Speaking Cantonese is an asset.
The job responsibility includes but is not limited to the following:
- Provide administration support to business operations and management team
- Greet visitors, answer phone calls and reply to emails, manage office equipment and supplies
- Maintain school records, prepare and manage school data, documents, reports, manuals and correspondence
- In charge of student registration, payment follow-up, tuition records and bookkeeping, daily management of course schedule and payment tracking system
- Monitor/maintain school website, manage WeChat accounts and Google ads
- Create marketing and communication materials (flyers, newsletters, student/parent information letters and etc.)
- Coordinate with other team members on special projects
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration is required
- 1+ years’ experience working in an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Strong knowledge and skills of MS office, Google Suites, Google Ads, Photoshop and Graphic design
- Good knowledge in IT with Help Desk experience is definitely an asset
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Customer-service oriented, patient and thoughtful
- Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and fast learner
- Pleases submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected], and include the position in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.