Bowmanville, ON, CA, L1C 3Z8
Status: Temporary (12 months)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Applied Science
Travel: Yes – 10%
Deadline to Apply: 11-November 2018
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for several Design Engineer’s to join our team as part of the Construction Engineering team. You will be responsible for providing construction and closeout support to the ASDC (Auxiliary Shutdown Cooling) project.
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Control
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Technical and process support to field work, under Projects, Work Order Holds and Project Control Center (PCC) actions;
- Address design-related field issues;
- Provide advice and/or direction to Design Leads, review designs and sign Field Initiated Changes;
- Perform field inspections, acceptance and approvals;
- Prepare modifications, non-identical component replacements;
- Prepare design, calculations, design bills of materials etc;
- Work collaboratively with vendors;
- Accept vendor designs and changes;
- Support engineering acceptance of turnovers;
- Provide Engineering Change Control guidance, provide active support to field issues and Field Initiated Changes, and facilitate a positive outcome with EPC vendors;
- Understand impacts on cost and schedule, and provide support to minimize these impacts;
- Other duties within the Engineering and Projects as required.
- 5 + years Design experience, preferably with OPG or Nuclear Industry;
- 10+ years of experience preferred;
- Design Engineer / Design Team Lead qualified or previously qualified within OPG Nuclear or similar Candu Nuclear Power Plant;
- Solid experience with Design and Codes in Nuclear;
- Proficiency in design and engineering;
- Self starter, problem solver;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Engineering Change Control processes at OPG or Nuclear industry;
- Experience in construction support;
- Experience with major projects. Exercise personal authority to influence others;
- Ability to develop recommendations to achieve project objectives;
- Maintain quality, quantity and accuracy of work;
- P.Eng. registration with PEO (asset).
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., Sunday November 11, 2018. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.