Bowmanville, ON, CA, L1C 3Z8
Status: Temporary (24-months)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, and/or relevant studies
Travel: Yes – 10%
Deadline to Apply: Sunday November 4, 2018
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a dedicated and results driven professional to join our team in the role of Information System Analystin Bowmanville, Ontario. Working on the Computers and Control Design Team supporting our Darlington Nuclear Station, reporting to the Section Manager, Computer & Control design, Darlington DCCs & OH180s, the role of Information System Analyst offers a unique opportunity to provide both day-to-day and strategic support to our facilities.
The ideal candidate should have experience, and/or knowledge in cyber security, networking and computer architecture. You currently keep up-to-date on current threats, attack vectors, security advisories, alerts, vulnerabilities by exploring the news and technical articles.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Day-to-day support of cyber security, networking and computer architecture;
- Stay abreast of treats and attack vectors;
- Review, monitor and stay informed of new security advisories, alerts, vulnerabilities and news;
- Support emergent issues as necessary;
- Investigate and disposition cyber threats from CIO/Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange;
- Firewall maintenance (FCRs, log checks upon request, and configuration specs);
- Review Modifications (i.e., DSC/NICR, Identification/Classification, design guidance) that may come in that requires Cyber SPOC approval/review;
- Annual update of Cyber Essential Asset (CEA) Lists;
- Annual update of Threat Risk Assessment Report (TRA);
- Annual update of Firewall Vulnerability Assessment Report;
- Annual update of Firewall Software and Hardware Specification Reports;
- Participate in any Incident Response Drills as necessary;
- Participate in training, continuous training/additional learning, and new technology opportunities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, and/or relevant studies;
We are seeking a dynamic, dedicated and results driven professional who has the following:
- 2+ years’ experience as IT support (asset);
- Experience with scripting languages;
- Experience in any COG or other Cyber related meetings, conferences and training regarding cyber security pertaining to instrumentation and control (I&C);
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of cyber security, networking and computer architecture is required;
- Experience and/or knowledge of CSA N290.7;
- Experience working in a nuclear power plant and/or large utility organization (asset);
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., November 4, 2018. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact [email protected]