Toronto, ON, CA, M5G 1X6
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a Manager, Human Rights to join our organization on a 1 year contract based in the Greater Toronto Area.
Reporting to the Director of Ethics & Equity, the Manager, Human Rights is responsible for providing strategic and timely advice on OPG’s Code of Business Conduct and human rights and harassment program, including matters that intersect issues of ethics, human rights, labour relations, employment law and workplace investigations.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Provide advice and guidance on OPG’s Code of Business Conduct and related governance to implement fair work practices in accordance with OPG values and human rights legislation
- Provide advice and guidance to human resources, labour relations and management on governance implementation, interpretation and compliance
- Collaborate with Manager, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion to embed ED&I principles in governance, programs and practices
- Provide case management for human rights and harassment inquiries and allegations
- Develop, review and deliver education and training on ethics, human rights, harassment and sexual harassment, bystander intervention, unconscious bias and other related topics
- Develop communication strategies and awareness programs to drive keys messages
- Provide support to internal investigator, as required
- Monitory annual compliance and support regular reporting to Board of Directors and President
- Liaise with internal and external legal support on complaints to provincial and federal human rights tribunals/commission
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with both unions
- Lead Corporate Tripartite Diversity Committee in investigator selection process, contract administration, regular performance monitoring and review of the approved investigator list
- Develop and strengthen internal and external partnerships and strategic alliances to support OPG achieve its human rights objectives
- Act as database administrator for alleged Code of Conduct violations, provide support to Human Resource staff using the system
- Respond to HR issues by providing advice and support for investigative review, issue identification, proposed resolution and human rights best practises
- Law Degree
- Minimum five years experience in human rights case management
- Human rights and investigation experience in a unionized environment or equivalent
- Experience in a regulated industry would be considered an asset
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
New! In 2024, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is establishing a new corporate headquarters on a campus setting in the Municipality of Clarington located within Durham Region. The new campus will include the existing Darlington Energy Complex located just south of Highway 401 and a new building to be constructed on adjacent land presently owned by OPG.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate
- We recognize the critical importance of employment equity, diverse representation and inclusive work environments
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., June 28, 2020. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com