Senior Investment Analyst
Toronto, ON, CA, M5G 1X6
Status: Regular Full Time
Education Level: 4 year University Degree in required
Location(s): Toronto, ON
Travel: Yes – 10%
Deadline to Apply: June 28, 2020
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a dynamic professional to join our team in the role of Senior Investment Analyst at our Downtown Toronto location.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Strategy & Investment Risk, the primary role of the Senior Investment Analyst is to monitor Ontario Power Generation’s Pension and Nuclear Funds’ investments and funding requirements. The successful candidate will have a passion for investment management and have experience working in investment risk and governance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- Support portfolio strategy and investment risk measuring and monitoring activities in support of investment initiatives.
- Conduct research on capital markets, asset classes, investment strategies and managers, fund governance best practices and/or other areas relevant to the funds.
- Analysis of investment risk and performance.
- Preparation of regular reporting and compiling confidential reports for senior management, compliance reports and reporting required by legislation and other regulatory agencies as required.
- Undertake independent analysis, prepare reports, briefings/presentations, and recommendations on OPG Pension and Nuclear Funds’ investment initiatives.
- Responsibilities to include:
- Analysis and reporting of investment risk;
- Preparation of presentation material for various internal committees and other ad hoc requests;
- Investment administration of the investment portfolios, including related record keeping and reporting;
- Administration of various external arrangements and act as a liaison with services providers.
- 4 year University Degree is required in a quantitative discipline such as Statistical Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- Possession of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), FRM (Financial Risk Manager) or PRM (Professional Risk Manager), ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) designation is an asset.
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Experience working in highly regulated industry would be considered an asset;
- Requires experience with nuclear decommissioning funds or defined benefit programs (i.e., public/private pension plans);
- Requires experience in pension fund, mutual fund, nuclear decommissioning fund or endowment fund management, with direct experience dealing with third party investment managers.
- Advanced knowledge of modern investment portfolio theory and related disciplines including business administration, financial markets including investment analysis, risk analysis and diversification, mathematics of statistics and probabilities to manage major investment portfolios and programs;
- Solid comprehension of advanced quantitative methods and statistics, forecasting and risk analysis methodologies to transform external market drivers into useful analysis and forecasts for OPG investments;
- Proficiency in using risk models such as MSCI Barra;
- Strong analytical and computer skills to evolve, enhance and support investment and reporting processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and communicate effectively across the company and externally at all levels.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
New! In 2024, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is establishing a new corporate headquarters on a campus setting in the Municipality of Clarington located within Durham Region. The new campus will include the existing Darlington Energy Complex located just south of Highway 401 and a new building to be constructed on adjacent land presently owned by OPG.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here’s why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions, such as Launchpad or X-Lab.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., June 28, 2020. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.