- Collect daily sign in/out sheets.
- Verify/calculate individual hours for accuracy.
- Audit employee hours vs. time sheets and employment standards
- Assist with balancing and entering payroll into Advanced Tracker/Payweb.
- Assist with printing payroll ledger biweekly.
- Assist with printing pay stubs and/or cheques and prepare for employee distribution.
- Assist in the preparation of Record of Employments as required.
- Assist with the preparation of biweekly and monthly reports as required.
- Assist with the preparation of source deductions (EI, CPP, EHT & WSIB) biweekly as well as year reconciliation.
- Prepare employee T4’s.
- Update TD1 & TD1ON as required.
- Reporting any inconsistencies, discrepancies to Controller,
- Liaise with Human Resources in regards to employee contact changes, attendance tracking, etc.
- Assist in all areas of recruitment, including but not limited to:
- Posting vacant career opportunities both internally and externally
- Prescreen, interview, conduct reference checks, and exit interviews as required
- Participate in career fairs as required
- Prepare offers of employment and new hire packages
- Facilitate employee onboarding process with all new Team Members
- Process new Team Member criminal background check paperwork
- Respond to Team Member inquiries and concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare various letters including but not limited to, employment verification, corrective counseling, affidavits, trespass, etc.
- Assist in the facilitation of training including Orientation, AODA, WHMIS, Health & Safety, etc.
- 2-4 years progressive experience in Payroll and Accounting
- Previous Human Resources related experience preferred
- Completion of post secondary education in Accounting or related field
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation preferred
- Must be able to work flexibly and cohesively with all levels of management
- Must be organized, efficient and demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Team Members, Management, Owners, and customers
- Must be proactive, results oriented and skilled at prioritizing and multi-tasking a high volume workload
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Niagara Falls, ON
- Payroll and Human Resources: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner