About Nexim Healthcare Inc.:
Nexim Healthcare Inc. is a diversified health and social care service organization serving the IT and healthcare staff needs of Hospitals, group homes, retirement communities and seniors at retiring at Home in the GTA. As professionals in the healthcare staffing industry, Nexim helps place talent who have a passion and commitment to the health and well-being of others. Our coverage area includes most of the GTA as well as surrounding cities and towns.
Who We Look for:
We are looking to hire Personal Support Workers for our clients who are in need of long term on-going care and physical help in the GTA.
Type of Openings: Full-time/ Part-time
Type of Shifts: Morning Shifts/ Afternoon Shifts/ Evening Shifts/ Weekend Shifts/ On-call Shifts
Why Choose Nexim?
We have full comprehension of the healthcare recruitment business. Not only do we strive to satisfy the needs of our clients, we also value our staff and help them succeed in their career.
It would be a significant opportunity to set your foot in the door and gain experience in the healthcare industry as we are partnered with several reputable healthcare community centers.
- Provide support in all aspects of daily living to individuals with developmental disabilities and/ or mental health support needs.
- Perform activities of daily living such as feeding, grooming, dressing, bathing, etc.
- Ensure the implementation of individual goals and support plans.
- Assist in organizing leisure activities while ensuring community integration.
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and independence of our clients.
- General household duties such as cleaning, grocery/supply shopping, preparation of meals and laundry as necessary.
- Assist in satisfying the social and emotional needs of the clients
- Maintain the personal hygiene/ care of our clients
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
- PSW Certificate from an accredited educational institution
- Experience working with seniors who need long term care
- Valid Criminal Background Check
- Eligible Candidates must go through Vaccine Check/ Tuberculosis Check where required
- CPI, Safe Management is a plus
- Standard First Aid CPR (class C) certificate
- Potent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to travel among multiple locations/assignments
- Ability to comply with standard policies/ procedures and ensure safe work practices
- Ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean is definitely an asset
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.