About the Company
Canada Royal Milk is a member of the Feihe International group of companies, Asia’s number
one infant formula brand. Our Kingston facility is increasing production volume and are looking
for an additional 30 technicians to join the Production team by the end of January 2022. Canada
Royal Milk is an advanced dairy processor that runs a complex and continuous production line.
All technicians are cross-trained, and many roles are NOC 2233, Class B.
What We Offer
The opportunity to build and grow a progressive company, competitive wages, and extended
What We Look For
Curiosity, commitment to learning, and a winning mindset.
About the Role
Production Technicians are the heart-beat of our facility; the technical experts for our advanced
manufacturing processes from milk receiving through to packaging and product release.
Technicians are dedicated to exceeding workplace safety, food safety and quality standards.
CRM is dedicated to developing our production team, with position cross-training and leadership
development opportunities. The role requires rotating shift work, 8.25 to 12.25 hour shifts in our
Education: Post-secondary Education in a related field is preferred OR equivalent work
experience in manufacturing.
Experience: Manufacturing and/or shift work experience is preferred.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Understand the product flow from the milk silos to packaging department;
2. Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and
3. Master the plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for pasteurization, wet processing,
dairy separation, HACCP, CIP and the Site-clearing Management System;
4. Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated
5. Ensure all quality assurance checks are performed at designated intervals and all paperwork
is done correctly and completely at designated intervals;
6. Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area throughout the facility and common areas;
7. Follow all GMP’s and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety,
quality, and sanitation requirements;
8. Other duties may be assigned.
Canada Royal Milk is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week operation. Rotating shift work (8.25-12.25h
shifts) is required. Shift patterns include days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, and overnight work. Employees must be flexible and willing to work a variety of shifts.
As a dairy processor and infant formula manufacturer, CRM strives to exceed regulatory
requirements for food safety, quality, hygiene, and good manufacturing practices. All employees
who enter the processing areas for any reason must comply with all food safety protocols in
addition to health and safety best practices.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment and include:
▪ Standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting and other physically
demanding tasks performed for virtually the entire shift (8.25 to 12.25 hours)
▪ Lifting to 25 kg (55 lbs) frequently
▪ Use of various chemicals (i.e. detergents and sanitizing solutions)
▪ Possible exposure to dust, fumes, oils, unpleasant odors, noise levels that are distracting
or uncomfortable, occasional exposure to ambient temperatures above 28 Celsius and
▪ Exposure to physical risks using standardized safety precautions and equipment,
including, but not limited to slippery surfaces, working around high temperature
equipment, heavy and repetitive lifting, etc.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of our employees and customers is a top priority for Canada Royal
Milk. Therefore, applicants will only be considered who are fully vaccinated, subject to human
rights considerations and recognized medical exemptions.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage
applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities,
Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.