View more 4 years ago
The Project Manager – MTO reports directly to the General Manager and will have an in-depth knowledge of civil construction.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain good relationships with client.
- Ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Assist, review and negotiate contracts; liaising with legal counsel, as appropriate, in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan, after being awarded the project.
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Monitor and control progress, costs and budgets throughout the project.
- Review each project’s progress with the project staff as the project proceeds.
- Act to resolve disputes between the Company and owner, or Company and subcontractors when possible prior to escalating.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiate change orders with the owner.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in road construction on MTO and various Municipal projects.
- The successful candidate must possess a P.Eng. or a C.E.T. designation,
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- The candidate for this position will be profit motivated and experienced in managing all aspects of road building, asphalt and construction projects.
- Civil or Structural engineering degree or equivalent training and experience
- Experience in self-perform concrete, bridge, rail, waste water treatment plants
- Experience with managing subcontracts is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety)
All applicants must apply by responding to this ad and attaching a current resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years