Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the delivery of System Upgrade or Application Development projects or assigned work packages from Initiation to Implementation
- Manage project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants
- Engage sponsors to ensure active participation on project initiatives
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time, and scope of deliverables
- Establish effective project oversight and governance, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Program Manager and Portfolio Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the governance of the project
- Collaborate with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Assess and ensure that customer experience / stakeholder expectations are appropriately managed
- Build consensus and relationships with project team and business
- Manage and track cash view of all project financials (forecasts and actuals)
- Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
- Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions and decisions through to completion by owners
- Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables are completed
- Oversee scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope when necessary, ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
- Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Working knowledge of Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) by PMI
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how it integrates with the PMLC
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing projects using different approaches, like Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile (preferred)
- Experience working in a large matrix organization with a mature Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) governance support structure
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team to perform, maximize the contributions of all team members and communicate effectively, with confidence
- Strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for the project
- Logical and analytical. Comfortable making decisions under pressure. Able to balance the level of data required to make a decision with the importance of the outcome
- The ability to understand and learn the dynamics of relationships in an organization to identify decision makers and influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect the organization
- Resilient when faced with setbacks, bouncing back from disappointments or confrontations
- Adaptable to a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is an asset
- Knowledge of the Clarity PPM application is an asset
- Knowledge of productivity and PM tools (MS Office PC software applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Relevant university degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 5 years of relevant project management experience, with at least 2 years managing Technology projects
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.