Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a dedicated and results driven leader to join our team in the role of a Project Planning and Control Lead in our Toronto (Kipling) location.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Services, Project Planning and Control (P&C) Lead is a member of the Renewable Generation (RG) Project Management Office (PMO) – Plant Operations team. The P&C Lead provides project management and controls leadership to the project team and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) vendor(s), including estimating, scheduling, project planning, cost management, forecasting and reporting, risk management and change control management. The P&C Lead is responsible to the project manager to perform project planning, controlling, and oversight activities in support of the delivery of successful project outcomes in accordance with the Project Management and Controls standards, procedures, and instructions.
In this role, the Project Planning and Control Lead must ensure that project plans are effectively developed and performance is effectively monitored against those plans in order to manage project status, issues, risks, and actions being taken, by the Project Team, the Program Management Office, and Project stakeholders. The information provided will be used to make significant project decisions and for communication with senior internal stakeholders, with EPC vendor(s), and with external stakeholders, i.e. external oversight.
The P&C Lead assists the Program Management Office/Project Planning and Control functional in establishing standards and ensuring adherence to those standards as it relates to performing project planning and control activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in generating safe, clean, reliable low-cost power in a sustainable manner.
- 4 year university degree, Engineering, Science or Business
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is an asset
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation is an asset but not a requirement
We are looking for a seasoned project management professional with the following:
- 10+ years of related project/program management experience in mega infrastructural, petroleum, power plant, petrochemical, heavy industrial programs and projects.
- Experience in an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) oriented contract strategies and construction environment is preferred.
- Experience working in multi disciplinary and multi phase long term projects/programs.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of project/program management methodologies (WBS, Top Down/Bottom Up methods, planning and monitoring, Change management, Scope management, Cost Control), practices (Earned Value calculations, CPI/SPI, reporting) and other project management related fields.
- Advanced skills and working knowledge in Primavera (Version 6.8 and up) plus MS-Office (Particularly Excel and Access); strong knowledge in data management is a bonus.
- Strong in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach under minimum required supervision.
- People and team oriented with a strong ability to establish an excellent level of confidence, credibility and cooperation with program’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, is essential
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
We offer an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value and where you can realize your long-term personal and professional goals. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario’s success.