Work Authorization: Canada (required)
Job Type: Full-Time
Direct Report to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Chromtec is a Canadian startup founded in 2018 specialized in producing 90% -99% affordable
high purified CBD isolates. The company is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Personnel
responsible for the assuring the quality of Chromtec’s cannabis product meets the established
standard of quality. QAP will also be responsible for managing anybody in the department to
ensure regulations are kept.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for assuring the quality of the cannabis before it is made available to send.
• Responsible for approval of methods and procedures related to GPP.
• Write, Review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for site facility
• Communicate effectively to all levels of management.
• Oversee pest control program and ensure pest control procedures are authorized under
Pest Control Products Act or the Cannabis Act.
• Ensure staff are trained on SOP’s and GPP
• Coordinate ongoing training for ensure compliance or re-training where needed
• Communicate to Head of Security if issues arise.
• Ensure cannabis is stored and distribute under conditions that maintain product quality.
• Ensure sanitation of premises and equipment cleanliness, hygienic behavior of
personnel, and maintenance.
• Continuously method validation and equipment qualification protocols and reports.
• Ensure staffs compliance with regulations in other departments
• Establish and maintain record keeping systems to ensure employees adherence o
proper documentation practices.
• Review quality complains and lead investigations including corrective action and
• Ensure testing is conducted on each lot/batch of cannabis before it is released.
• Ensure testing is conducted using validated methods, investigate deviations.
• Manage/ coordinate staff.
• Create department efficiencies and provide leadership support.
• Perform analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend
updates for change to quality standards and procedures when needed.
Perform internal audits and vendor evaluation audits on a regular basis to determine
• Willing to participate in external audits.
• Perform internal audits and vendor evaluation audits on a regular basis to determine
quality qualifications. Actively participate in external audits such as regulatory
• BS in a technical discipline (Food, Chemical or Biological Sciences preferred).
• 4 to 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in a GAP, GMP and HACCP
regulated environment, with proficiency quality assurance systems, documentation and
• Required to be familiar with the applicable provisions of the Act and associated
• Proficient in English (proficient or functional in French is considered an asset).
• Proficient understanding of plant products and related test methodology
• Strong and current knowledge o Division 1, Subdivision 4 guidelines, Good Agricultural
Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, HACCP, Food Safety, regulatory and
• General understanding of other Operational functional areas
• Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies,
procedures and work flows.
• Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset
• The Cannabis Act requires candidates to undergo security/background check
• Must be approved by Health Canada as suitable for the QAP role.
• Strong leadership qualities
Apply online with your cover letter and resume, thanks.