The real estate accountant will prepare financial material for property management team/real estate development team. They will examine accounting records and draft reports to help real estate manager develop and handle their budgets. They will also prepare or contribute to documents such as lease and rental agreements, cost estimates, and annual reports. This role will also be responsible for calculating tax liabilities and preparing tax returns on behalf of the real estate team.
• Prepare financial records and reports for a variety of real estate transactions, which can include property sales, rentals, leases, and time-sharing. Reports may include items such as development expenses, operational costs, and profits.
• Develop revenue and expenditure cycle reports, lease abstracts, cash basis income statements, and other budget-related items for real estate companies.
• Provide investment analysis and planning for organizations seeking to acquire and develop the property.
• Coordinate appraisal, asset evaluation, and capitalization activities.
• A bachelor’s degree program in accounting.
• CPA or other accounting designations are preferred but not required.
• 3+ years’ experience related to real estate accounting in the real estate sector.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work under pressure, under tight deadlines; complete tasks with attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.