- Lead and co-ordinate the activities of all Receiving employees and ensure that established procedures are followed.
- Provide training of current and new employees in all appropriate procedures, such as handle, sort and maintain stock and related problems.
- Provide daily work assignments to staff and work with managers and other supervisors to coordinate personnel and resources as necessary to complete all work scheduled for department.
- Oversee receiving processes to make sure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures. Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Assist with the development, revision and enforcement of inventory management and procedures including record keeping, work instructions, ISO procedures, and other standard operational and work practices as necessary.
- Provide written and oral instructions and improve efficiency of receiving subordinates.
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely move PC/Laptops to proper locations.
- Oversee the receipt of purchased goods verifying counts and quality, complete transactions to receive product, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures. Locate product to the appropriate areas according to procedure.
- Maintain receiving logs and make sure that all received goods are recorded in company database.
- Distribute skids to departments where required; Ensure skids are in good conditions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Achieve target quota and any other operation related responsibilities may be added as the company continues to grow.
- Provide input on best practices, policies and procedures with respect to the others.
- Experience and interest in training and leading people
- Experience with continuous improvement (Lean/Kaizen) manufacturing concepts is a strong asset.
- Calm demeanor and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and prioritizing abilities
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and Mandarin
- Attention to details.
- Uses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills – clear, concise and positive.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a leadership role. (prefer in a manufacturing company)