- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career. As we continue to grow, tax opportunities are greater with opportunity for rapid advancement. We are different by design as this role will work and collaborate directly with Partners.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Manager for our growing Canadian Corporate Tax team. This position provides the opportunity to work remotely. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our Canadian Corporate Tax team reviews and works with all facets of a company’s corporate structure, including executive remuneration and payroll taxes, to help clients meet all of their tax compliance and reporting requirements – both domestic and foreign – through a full range of Canadian corporate tax compliance services.
ROLE @ MNP
- Lead audit of tax provisions for financial statement reporting purposes under both IFRS and US GAAP
- Review and provide guidance to team members on the preparation of standalone and consolidated tax provisions
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for the completion of Canadian corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Accountable for the delivery of industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through high quality deliverables such as: client interactions, reports, technical work, and management presentations
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition)
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Correspond with team members and clients in response to specific corporate tax queries
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work using a variety of sources
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing tax returns and other work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Completion of Level 1 and 2 of the In-Depth Tax Program
- 5 to 6 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or tax consulting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working in Canadian Tax
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing of tax reorganizations
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!