Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we’re using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world.
Ready for a new seasonal opportunity with the #1 tax software company in Canada?
If you have experience as a tax preparer, are highly motivated and have excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using Intuit TurboTax products. You will advance our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance and support to our customers. You will also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our customers and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
TurboTax is the #1 best-selling brand of tax preparation software in Canada. Year over year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years’ paid professional tax preparation experience, using tax preparation software
- Minimum of 200-250 tax returns prepared, per tax season
- Experience providing support in a call centre environment a plus
- Experience preparing and supporting a variety of federal and provincial returns for individuals, including student, pension, self-employed, rental property, investments, and foreign income
- Workingknowledge of tax laws and tax concepts, superior critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly technical with a strong understanding of computers and software
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience preparing Quebec personal tax returns (TP1) considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French, read/write/speak) considered an asset
- Flexibility in availability/schedule
For internal use: tst CAN
How you will lead
- This is a virtual, seasonal, customer-facing position, providing tax advice for individual federal and provincial tax returns
- Reviews compliant and accurate individual federal and provincial tax returns
- Help customers as they work on their tax return with tax advice and researches and troubleshoots tax questions; communicates directly with customers, answering specific tax questions (written & verbally)
- Researches tax regulations to support advice and provides expert information on how to maximize their tax return
- Creates high-quality customer interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep customer empathy, and your in-depth tax knowledge and expertise
- Proactively seeks out and delivers the right answer for each customer; utilizing and leveraging government websites, professional resources, and team expertise and translating into everyday language for customers
- Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve tax advice and preparation customer inquiries
- Reviews deliverables with supervisor to assess understanding and accurate/compliant guidance