Combined Metal Industries
Keele & Langstaff (Vaughan)
BREAKDOWN OF POSITION
Combined Metal Industries (CMI for short!) sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North
America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and nonferrous
metals that enter our yards will create something new again!
CMI is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance Team. In this role, the successful candidate will be
responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and performance of general accounting activities related to the
efficient maintenance and processing of transactions for Combined Metal Industries (CMI) and assigned group of companies.
• Preparation and delivery of monthly income statements and balance sheets
• Preparation of month end journal entries including accruals and cost re-allocations
• Review and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Manage inter-company accounting and invoicing
• Preparation of month end schedules, working papers and reports
• Maintenance of the fixed asset ledger
• Bank and cash reconciliations
• Monitor and analyze sales, purchases, freight and other expenses for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure the financial and accounting policies and programs are followed and comply with generally accepted
• CFO, controller, FP&A lead, under the Controller there’s AP lead with 4 staff, and 1Senior Accountant, and they have
2 General Accountants
• Great open-door culture, large company with family company feel
• Track record of promotion from within
• Strong leadership team