- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Assurance and Accounting – Private Enterprise team. As an entrepreneurial firm built for entrepreneurs, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for private enterprise. Our team of trusted advisors develop customized strategies and programs to assist business owners in responding to emerging trends, anticipating risk effectively, improving performance and operating more efficiently so they can maximize operations and better grow their bottom line.
ROLE @ MNP
- Conduct compilation, review, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards
- Prepare year-end tax forms (T4s and T5s)
- Apply knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Vouch and assess appropriateness of audit evidence
- Clearly document evidence from testing and conclusions made
- Complete bank and other account reconciliations
- Prepare payroll, GST and government reports
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
- Study for CPA while working; effectively manage both work and studies
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Taxprep, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations (ASNPO) with a strong working knowledge of corporate and personal income taxes
- Some travel may be required
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our [email protected] program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!