- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Public Companies team. Working with public companies to help them thrive in any market, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for this dynamic sector. Regardless of company size or the industry in which it operates, our team of trusted advisors helps public companies comply with complex regulatory requirements, information security issues, growing shareholder expectations, privacy matters and investor relations. Our customized solutions are specifically designed to mitigate risk, improve performance and operate more efficiently. Registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) ensures our team adheres to the highest quality auditing standards in the industry.
ROLE @ MNP
- Oversee and/or have direct participation with the planning, preparation and completion of audit engagements – primarily for public companies
- Preparation of appropriate client correspondence and various other audit related reports, as required
- Identify and research potential resolutions for technical IFRS and/or US GAAP accounting issues that arise during engagement procedures
- Perform first review of financial statements for appropriate disclosure in accordance with IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Supervision, guidance and training of intermediate and junior staff
- Monitoring progress of work being completed on the files and communication to manager and partners
- Establish and maintain communication with the clients as necessary – including coordinating onsite visits and engagement timing
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- 2 to 4 years of accounting related experience in public accounting working on public company engagements
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) is considered an asset
- Some travel may be required
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!