- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our growing Global Mobility team. Providing the highest level of excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Tax team works with individuals and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors providing comprehensive strategies that minimize risk, meet tax compliance and reporting requirements, drive efficiencies and maximize returns. Specifically, our U.S. Personal Income Tax team helps high networth individuals in Canada and the United States address their cross-border needs and optimize their overall taxes.
ROLE @ MNP
- Provide efficient and effective U.S. and cross-border tax services to a broad base of clients
- Identify and analyze client needs through initial interviewing and information gathering
- Prepare U.S. and Canadian individual tax returns and review less complex returns
- Research and identify a variety of tax issues and assist in implementing tax planning strategies for clients
- Successfully maintain on-going positive relations with clients and develop new client relationships
- Correspond with team members and clients in response to specific Canadian and U.S. individual tax queries
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industries
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of or willingness to complete a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or Masters in U.S.Taxation
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working in U.S. and/or Canadian individual tax
- Knowledge of and experience working in Canadian and U.S. individual tax
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, GoSystem, ProSystem and Tax Cycle
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our [email protected] program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!