Join the Business Analytics and Strategy Support team for TELUS Procurement and support our procurement organization in making data-driven decisions. We are a hard-working team of analysts that thrive on solving business problems and supporting procurement decisions through the power of analytics. Our in-depth knowledge of procurement categories allows us to be the analytic horsepower of the categories, the relied-upon experts, to support strategic decision-making and sourcing events.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
At TELUS, we believe that competition is the best way to negotiate great deals with suppliers and the Senior Business Analyst should be comfortable using data to ensure rigorous decision-making. You’ll work on multiple projects at a time, from sourcing events to category reviews, across several categories, focusing on the details while finding creative ways to tackle the big picture challenges. You’ll use your analytic prowess to support the procurement business in their efforts to deliver the most value to TELUS.
You’ll partner with the procurement team and leverage your passion for data-driven approaches and your ability to use analytics to solve problems, architect metrics, and influence executive decision-making. The idea of supporting business decisions through thoughtful, robust analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgement (and a dose of creativity) is what motivates you.
You’ll collaborate across many teams (procurement, marketing, finance, operations, legal) and leverage all the tools in your Business Analyst toolkit:
- Analyze data and lead monthly savings reporting to identify opportunities for savings or better outcomes for TELUS
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in all areas of the organization
- Challenge the status quo and assumptions to uncover additional opportunities for improvement (cost, process, and strategic) through analytics and dashboards and more
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 5+ years in a similar role and/or related education with demonstrated performance and increasing levels of responsibility
- Superb Excel skills (pivots, complex logic statements, lookups, etc.)
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing and analyzing complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Effective quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organized, and thorough with an eagerness to further develop these skills
- Detail-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency and ability to meet deliverables with minimal guidance
- Knack for forging and managing effective relationships with peers and leaders across the organization
- Forward, big-picture thinker with learning agility and adaptability
- Fearful of mediocrity with a strong bias for action
- Procurement experience
- SAP/Ariba/Fieldglass experience