Job ID R79191Updated date 07/03/2019Location Toronto, Ontario
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Business AnalystWe are defining the next generation of banking in Canada, challenging the brick and mortar status quo. We are looking for well-rounded, passionate, and analytical professionals to join our high performing culture focused on customer-centric design and data-driven problem-solving.
Our office is designed to foster collaboration and innovation. A quick walk around this place will reveal a lot of whiteboards and enough Post-It Notes to be meaningful to 3M’s bottom line. We’re also passionate about our associates having fun here, which is why we have heavily used games rooms with foosball, ping pong, video games, and more. And since it’s uncomfortable to do any of those things in a suit and tie, those aren’t required either. We have a business casual dress code because we believe our associates will do their best work when they’re feeling like themselves.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
– Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
– Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
– Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
– Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
– Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
– Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
– Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
– Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
– Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
– Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree
– At least 1 year of experience in analysis
– Master’s Degree
– 1+ years of experience in market research
– 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
– 2+ years of experience in business analysis
– 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).