At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it’s about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Services IT
Department: Corporate Services IT
Tell us your story and explain why you are a winning candidate. We are looking for someone that is inspired and brings new ideas forward while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. If you are looking for an opportunity to bring in your analysis expertise come join our team!
Corporate Services IT covers a broad range of high-quality internal and external applications across the organization. Some of our testing activities focus on planning, developing, coordinating and participating in all testing activities, including: functional, system integration and end-to-end testing activities across various lines of business.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a passion for technology and you love to understand how things fit together.
- You enjoy working with all levels of an organization.
- You are a team oriented bridge builder and improve strength of team through coaching and mentoring.
- You inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- You learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- A willingness to embrace change and witness amazing things – from the inside.
What you’ll do:
- Provide analytical support, data, recommendations and analysis to our business stakeholders
- Collaborate in the strategy, planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications;
- Assist with the design and development of enterprise-wide applications, systems, data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Assist with ongoing systems and process improvement initiatives to assure efficient data flow, capture and reporting capability
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Fully understand and support business and technical requirements and evaluate and use analytical skills to develop an objective review and a forward-looking IT strategy as it applies to business functionality, strategic direction, technical solutions, systems and processes;
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions;
- Utilize various methodologies and techniques in collecting, assimilating and reporting data including brainstorming sessions, technology analysis, systems analysis, focus groups, interviews, etc.;
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Provide guidance to other junior staff on various assignments.
- Troubleshoot production support issues as needed and assist with root cause analysis and recommend solutions to rectify issues.
- Participate in the delivery of projects to ensure that applications meet requirements, either individually or as a member of a team.
What you’ll need:
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 8 years business systems analysis experience, working in a structured corporate environment
- CBAP certification or equivalent.
- Experience with SQL query language and relational databases
- Track record of managing and improving complex processes with highly effective organizational, managerial and problems solving skills as well as planning for not only prioritizing work activities but also anticipating shifts in priorities.
- You thrive being a strong, analytical problem solver mixed with a whole lot of common sense and practicality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization.
- Influencing ability, able to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical and business resources.
- Preferred advanced knowledge of insurance and/or financial and investment applications.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple concurrent assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to work in agile environment and interest in continuous process improvement.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft FMS v9.2 application, PeopleSoft Finance Modules, and PeopleTools v8.4 or higher would be an asset.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at [email protected] if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.