- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum at MNP, as we are seeking a Sr. Consultant for our growing Privacy & Data Protection Team. Protecting businesses’ best interests is our goal with all of our services at MNP. Helping our clients grow their business by unleashing value from their data while maintaining customer trust is our mission in the Privacy and Data Protection Team.
Our Cyber Security & Privacy Team is made up of professionals focusing on areas like Strategy & Governance, Risk Management, Privacy & Data Protection, Cyber Security Technology Integration including our state of the art SOC to manage those technologies, Offensive Security and Incident Management.
We are looking for an individual who has at least 3+ years of proven experience and working knowledge in Privacy and Data Protection to join our dynamic and innovative team. The successful candidate is an independent, self-starter who is passionate about helping organizations build customer trust by defining and implementing pragmatic privacy and data protection programs and practices to manage privacy and security risks. This individual will also play an important role in strengthening our capabilities and building new services to support organization’s digital transformation strategies while ensuring responsible and ethical use of data and alignment with regulatory and legislative requirements. In addition, it will also collaborate with the Cybersecurity team on risk management engagements.
Below are more detail areas of expectations, experience and knowledge needed.
ROLE @ MNP
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in privacy through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
- Responsible for delivery of privacy services to clients such as:
- Privacy program maturity assessments and roadmaps,
- Privacy program design, implementation and automation,
- Privacy impact assessments,
- Provide advisory on implementation of privacy by design on digital solutions (AI/ML, cloud, IoT, Data analytics),
- Data protection strategy and implementation,
- Data mapping and inventories,
- Data use governance and ethics,
- Development and delivery of privacy training,
- Assisting in development of privacy audit plans and execution (IA, SOC),
- Privacy breach response.
- Collaborate with the Cyber security team on delivery of risk management engagements such as TRA, Maturity assessments (NIST, ISO), and PCI engagements.
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Facilitate collaboration with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value and bring new services
- Build trusted advisor relationships with our clients.
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Assist in the coaching, development and training of team members
- Assist with business and practice development, proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, blogging and/or white paper development.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, privacy, business, technology, data analytics or law or a related field
- IAPP certification (s) such as CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, and/or other related certifications.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CIPM, etc or related experience delivering engagements on PCI, ISO 27001 or NIST cybersecurity framework would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in security & privacy services
- Minimum 3 years of experience defining and implementing privacy services & solutions
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of privacy principles, frameworks and legislation such as Privacy by Design, GAPP, Fair information principles, PIPEDA, GDPR, CASL, HIPAA, CCPA
- Experience with Creating and Delivering Privacy Services (i.e. Regulatory readiness, Programs definition, implementation and automation, Data Protection strategy and implementation, Data Use Governance and Ethics, Privacy by Design for new technologies, Privacy Audits, etc.)
- Understanding of Security and Privacy regulatory/legislative compliance (OSFI, Interac, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR, PHIPA, HIPAA, FIPA, CCPA, CASL, etc.)
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2, NIST and COBIT
- Experience with privacy enhancing technologies and tools (Consent, encryption, anonymization, remote audit and enforcement, etc)
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- Security Clearance is considered an asset
- Some travel required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade their intended audience(s)
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service, proactively identifies client needs and creates strategies to proficiently serve clients
- Business Development – looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities while focusing on the ability to gain increased presence in the community
- Forward Thinking – anticipates the implications of situations, takes appropriate action as needed and prepares for possible contingencies
- Agility with Change – initiates, sponsors and implements change by taking a facilitative catalyst role
- People Management & Leadership – goal-driven leader who effectively manages self, others and teams to achieve goals
- Coaching – takes responsibility for one’s own and team members’ performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals, promptly addresses performance issues, is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Work Ethic – consistently performs to high quality standards, is dependable and has a constant drive to improve
- Strategic Planning – analyzes the Firm’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential clients, and strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
- Stress Management – functions effectively when under pressure and maintains self-control in difficult situations
- Initiative – highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!