- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Consultant for our growing Valuations team. Committed to delivering real value to organizations, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Through our trusted Valuations team, our Chartered Business Valuators and Accredited Appraisers work with our extensive network of industry specialists to deliver independent, concise valuations assessments in a wide range of areas. These include, business valuations, intangible assets, financial reporting requirements, fairness opinions, strategic planning, and litigation support.
ROLE @ MNP
- Execute valuations for engagements in connection with regulatory and financial reporting, income tax or estate planning, strategic decision making, and disputes
- Actively participate in business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modelling and purchase price allocations to help clients understand the value of their business and its components
- Interact with client management, stakeholders, legal counsel and financial advisors
- Conduct industry and market financial research, valuation multiples for relevant public companies and precedent transactions
- Prepare cash flow and other valuation models to arrive at estimates of value
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as projections, forecasts and/or models in Excel
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles, responsibilities, and deadlines as well as to research and understand the business/assets being valued, its historical and projected performance, as well as, key strengths and challenges
- Keep up to date on market trends and current valuation issues in order to assess and improve current approaches
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high quality professional reports, proposals and correspondence relating to merger, acquisition and financing transactions
- Coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders consistent with project plans
- Support the delivery of high quality client service by ensuring client needs and are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Promote MNP advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Assist in conducting formal, written annual performance reviews
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop knowledge around performance improvement
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in accounting or finance
- Completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and working toward the completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- 2 to 3 years of experience at a professional services firm, with preference given to those with experience in a financial analysis and valuations role
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required (during non-COVID times)
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!