Who we are
For over 30 years, an entrepreneurial organization with a long track record and a bright talent pool, the Firm Capital Organization is a real estate private equity firm focused on debt and equity, in the areas of mortgage banking, real estate investments and special situation investments, in the public and private markets. Please visit our website at www.firmcapital.com for further information.
Firm Capital is looking for a Corporate Accountant. This position will provide accounting support for a group of corporate entities. The candidate will have related experience in general accounting and / or financial services.
Your new role
- Responsible for full cycle accounting for a group of corporations across many verticals including mortgage brokerage, real estate and investment entities;
- Reconcile and remit various government remittances including corporate, sales, and employer health taxes;
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting packages including bank reconciliations, GL analysis, Canadian tax slip analysis (T3, T5, T5013) and identify adjusting journal entries to ensure accuracy of general ledger;
- Liaise with external auditors to provide supporting documents for year end audits;
- Prepare corporate tax filings (T2) to ensure timely and accurate reporting on an ongoing basis; and
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and perform other responsibilities and duties to support senior management as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Competitive salary and group benefits
- Opportunity to advance your career as the company grows
- In-house Chef with weekly staff lunches
- Full kitchen with complimentary drinks and food
- Creative Social Committee that organizes team building events and weekly socials
- Free parking