CIBC Mellon is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant.
- Prepares financial statements, audit and year-end valuation packages, financial reports, fund distributions, and preparation of T3 income distribution factors with varying timelines.
- Reviews and reconciles daily transactions of assigned mutual funds – analyzes daily cash flow activities, reconciles assets and cash balances, maintains a balanced cash account. Researches discrepancies; investigates special or questionable transactions, i.e., trade corrections, corporate actions; liaise with clients and their representatives, as well as, internal staff concerning issues affecting the valuation of funds.
- Inputs all capital stock transactions and ensures capital stock is balanced. Input manual entries that affect a fund, such as, fee payments. Accounts for all cash deposits, interest, and dividend payments.
- Performs additional audit checks to support the calculation of net asset values; analyzes the increase or decrease of the net asset value of a fund
- Reports the daily net asset value of funds to clients, their representatives, and newspapers, according to instructions.
- Consults with senior staff to make any necessary adjustments accurately to transactions that impact the unit price.
- Provides training to Fund Accountants; assists in problem resolution; assists team members to meet deadlines.
- Community College degree with a focus on accounting or finance, or equivalent training
- 3 years progressive experience
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course