Reporting to: Tax Partners
Crowe Soberman LLP is the largest, single office, mid-size accounting firm in Canada. Our focus is to build close relationships with clients, offer innovative solutions, provide a rewarding and balanced work environment, and contribute to our community.
Are you a Senior International (inbound) Tax Manager looking to join a dynamic tax group of more than 20 tax professionals? If you are passionate about tax and want to continuously expand your technical knowledge, then we would like to hear from you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise multinational corporations and non-residents on tax implications of carrying on business in Canada
- Perform research on complex tax issues and writing memoranda on findings to privately held businesses and high net worth individuals
- Tax compliance: review personal, corporate, and trust tax returns
- Identify and implement tax planning opportunities
- Planning, consulting on, and implementing tax reorganizations and estate plans
- Creating and implementing post mortem tax planning
- Prepare written reports as required for various assignments such as tax compliance, tax consulting, objections or appeals
- Assist with tax mergers and acquisition assignments including: due diligence, acquisition structuring, sale of business planning
- Liaise with partners, clients, and client counsel to create and implement tax and estate planning strategies
- Serve as a technical resource for staff and provide suggestions for resolving technical issues
- Mentor and coach professional staff throughout the year and provide support and development to advance their careers
- Write external publications and blog posts and other memoranda
- Participate in firm promotion events to increase awareness of the firm and its services in the marketplace
- Complete knowledge of Crowe Soberman’s code of conduct and operating policies
- Completed CICA In-Depth tax program OR completed a Masters of Taxation program
- Exceptional tax technical skills
- Keen attention to detail along with an ability to focus on the overall concepts
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to providing excellent client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Contributes positively to a team environment but able to work independently when required
Education and Experience:
- University degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of managerial experience for a tax group in public accounting environment
- Strong knowledge in Caseware/ Caseview
- Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Tax applications including Taxprep, CCH Intelliconnect, Taxnet Pro, Tax Find etc.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Innovative problem solver
- Strong sense of ethics and professional judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Focus on providing superior client service
We offer a competitive compensation package, a convenient work location that is accessible by public transit for this permanent position. To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Crowe Soberman LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minority group members. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process, please advise us in advance. We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.