We’re looking for an experienced Senior Production Coordinator/APM to support the design department for an exciting upcoming pre-school series.
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with script breakdowns for the Design and Assets departments
- Create, implement, and monitor micro schedules for the Design and Assets departments
- Oversee quotas for Design and Assets departments
- Provide weekly reports with regards to critical assumptions and scope of episodes.
- Coordinate and schedule design and asset reviews; launches; sequence reviews, and other meetings as required including note taking and distribution.
- Attend and prepare detailed notes from screenings and reviews with Directors, Supervisors and Crew with consistent follow up
- Ensure team members attend relevant meetings and reviews.
- Track production progress on a daily basis and generate progress reports for Producers and Supervisors.
- Identify production bottlenecks and assist the Production Manager/Producer to strategize solutions, prioritize allocation of resources and execute plans
- Communicate any quota or schedule issues with Production and help create plans for solutions.
- Maintain asset management system (using Excel, Sheets, Shotgun & proprietary software) with Director/Producer Notes. Assign and follow up with individual tasks for artists.
- Ensure that asset management systems are being used properly and are up to date with newest data for accuracy to keep departments on track.
- Work with design and assets teams to keep them up to date on priorities.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that design deliverables provide relevant information to internal departments including Story, Assets, and Shots departments.
- Support Production Manager and Producer to ensure that start up agendas and packages are prepared for crew members
- Support Production Manager and Producer in training new production team members
- Upon training can fill in for Production Manager duties when required.
- Upload and download files to and from the client
- Other tasks as required
Apply If You Have:
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite products (Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar coordinator role on an Animated Series Production
- Experience with asset management systems, experience with Shotgun is an asset
- Understanding of 3D Animation pipeline
- Experience with Autodesk Maya or other 3D software is a definite asset
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.