Here’s your chance to join one of Toronto’s fastest-growing technology companies! Statflo provides a one-to-one outreach platform for front-line staff in retail to build authentic relationships and increase sales with their customers. Statflo’s proprietary platform is deployed in thousands of stores in North America. Statflo is committed to its team and invests in great people to build a great product and a great company.
What we do:
– Engage retail staff by providing an intuitive workflow and holistic customer lifecycle and outreach strategy that allows retail sales reps to reach out to customers directly.
– Enable stores to stay in touch with local prospects and current customers using 1:1 conversations via messaging or phone.
– Motivates and empowers teams by connecting the dots between the outreach they do and the return they get, demonstrating that with the proper coaching and messaging they can have an incredible 10% increase in same-store sales.
Why it matters:
– Millions of retail workers are handed a broom or they’re left unsupervised and resort to keeping up with their Snap streaks during the 8 hours they are idle each week. We challenge this status quo by empowering them to increase sales themselves and ultimately make more money.
– Millions of customers of wireless carriers and technology retailers want a better customer experience that is personal, proactive and timely.
– Customers and retail reps want to engage via messaging. 89% of shoppers want two-way conversations with brands and local businesses, via messaging and 83% of shoppers say they expect regular communication about their past purchases. Similarly, retail reps are uncomfortable with “cold calls” and prefer to start conversations in a medium that is more natural for them.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Statflo team. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within an Agile, cross-functional team on features, design, and implementation.
- Create MVP tools and products to learn quickly.
- Test them to make sure they do what they need to.
- Reinforce them to withstand the tests and trials of time.
- Automate everything to run like clockwork.
- Share knowledge about what you’ve learned.
- Work with teammates in all types of roles.
- Consider the customer’s, company’s, team’s and future goals when making decisions.
- Level up everyone around you.
- Absorb the collective brilliance of your tribe and team.
- Do and learn new, awesome things all the time.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Formal education in a technical field or clearly demonstrated technical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant employment experience with proven results.
- Very strong engineering ability in Java (particularly Spring boot).
- Experience with API/Microservices Design.
- Experience using relational (RDBM) and non-relational (Key/Value) databases.
- Results-oriented, data-driven, experimental attitude towards your work.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven experience making reasoned, clear decisions and compromises while delivering work at high velocity.
- Boundless positivity and drive to improve.
- Strong sense of both ownership and humour.
- Effective communication and strong collaboration skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Nice to Have:
- Data engineering (Spark)
- Team leadership
- Process automation
- Data-driven SaaS engineering
- Microservice architecture
Our Tech Stack:
- We’re building a cloud-native SaaS business that lives in AWS (we use AppSync, API Gateway, AppSync, Aurora, DynamoDB, EMR, Lambda, S3, Redshift, and many more…).
- We build modern based web-applications (React on the front-end, GraphQL/Rest on the back-end).
- Backend services built on Java (Spring boot, Spark, Drools).
- We run containers deployed to Kubernetes.
- We have an automated CI/CD pipeline built on Jenkins.
- Our infrastructure is managed with Terraform.
Statflo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Statflo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.