Cority leverages its cutting-edge SaaS-based technology and broad EHS product suite to partner with organizations around the world to effect meaningful change in the way environmental, health, and safety is managed. Cority stands by its customers as they attain performance goals, reduce EHS risks, enhance corporate productivity, and create a healthier workforce. The company has received many accolades for its strong employee culture and outstanding growth rate including recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies; being shortlisted for the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s Private Business Growth Award; and being named by Aon Hewitt as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Cority is looking for a Software Developer to be a part of our existing team. We are very interested in individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems and who thrive in challenging situations. We take the success of our customers incredibly seriously and our team is a critical part of this success. We are looking for absolutely and only the best people.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Software Developer is primarily responsible for designing and modifying base Cority software, as well as working with Product Development to develop software to meet client needs.
•Designs and develops new software and modifies and enhances existing software for clients’ systems, and for Cority’s base software.
•Communicates directly with Cority clients to ensure that requirements and specifications are understood fully.
•Reviews completed software designs or prototypes with clients.
•Tests software and ensures that completed work correctly meets requirements.
•Works in conjunction with other developers on development projects and ensures that their work is compatible with, and does not duplicate the work of others.
•Diagnoses and repairs software problems or bugs, and assists clients with technical problems and helps to resolve those problems.
•Creates software versions and ships to clients.
•Must have a university degree in computer science or a related program with equivalent work experience.
• 5 years’ experience in developing software.
•Previous experience in the field of occupational health and safety is an asset.
•Experience in the development of database applications using relational database systems such as Oracle and SQL Server is also required.
•Proven experience in a leadership capacity demonstrating project management skills/multi-tasking
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills, creative thinker
•Knowledge of Web development software including .Net and C# is required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Collegial work environment with a focus on career growth for employees
• 18 different native languages spoken among a workforce of 150, the diversity of our employees reflects that of our client base.
• Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your family. Our plan covers dental and most medical procedures with no deductible.
• Cority provides a generous healthcare spending account to ensure that finance isn’t a factor in the health choices you make for you or your family.
• We reimburse the costs of an annual gym membership (or any equivalent sports/fitness activity).
• Central location with all local amenities nearby, a lunch room with foosball and ping-pong and a view over the Toronto skyline.
• An active social committee that regularly arranges monthly social events such as employee sports days, international potlucks, Happy Hours, Holiday Party and our annual ping-pong tournament.
• Cority employees receive exclusive discounts to a huge variety of products and services. Employees have used these discounts to save money on rail tickets, car rentals, hotels, theatre tickets, laptops and sporting events.