Incentriq Canada Inc. is part of a UK based technology group called Inspiretec Group Ltd. Due to continued growth in the UK and Canada we are expanding our team which includes recruiting a number of Java development roles based in Liberty Village, Toronto.
These new roles will be involved in the ongoing development of our technical solutions which deliver future eCommerce capabilities today. Our solutions enable our customers to connect with and sell to their customers using leading responsive web design websites that are fully instrumented with competitor insight, vertical-relevant “content packs”, have tight integration with PPC, SEO and social media, and use machine learning to automatically improve their performance over time.
We are seeking Software Engineers who love solving problems and can learn and work at “internet speed”. We use the Java platform on Linux primarily with Mongo as our NoSQL persistent data store.
We also integrate disparate data sources from direct SQL to web services. A background in Machine Learning is not essential but a desire to learn about it is.
- Our platform is primarily Java-based, so strong Java and OOD skills are an absolute must.
- A willingness to pro-actively research and use new libraries and projects as needed to add new platform capabilities to complete our roadmap.
- Experience with Linux and Mongo is also advantageous You will have a solid grounding in how web based server side applications and databases work.
- Be comfortable working in a rapid iteration development cycle moving from prototype to production while engineering to a high level of quality, using leading automated testing techniques.
- Enjoy / understand the importance of working in all layers of the platform architecture – UI, business logic and persistence.
- Understand how to describe and design a system in terms of data structures and algorithms, in order to participate effectively in core design workshops.
- Be totally committed to writing the most efficient, scalable and robust code possible, and to continuously improve your ability in this area.
- Prior experience with Bayesian techniques and artificial neural networks is beneficial, but is not strictly necessary.
- Most important of all… where you don’t know something, be happy and ready to roll your sleeves up and learn it!
We offer a great benefits package including; 20 days holiday, health benefits and annual profit related bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Toronto, ON
- Java development in a commercial environment: 2 years
- Software Development: 2 years
- Mongo or SQL: 2 years