Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Storyboard Supervisor to join our team on a new and exciting 3D series!
This position reports directly to the Directors and Producer.
- Produce rough storyboard panels for a specific sequence/episode, on time, as outlined by the production schedule; meet at deadlines
- Work closely with Directors, CG Supervisors, and Production to manage complexities and suggest creative solutions while also considering critical assumptions of the production
- Working closely with Directors and Storyboard artists to implement the objectives of the storyboard
- Establish workflow with team members and motivate to deliver on time
- Inspire and mentor the storyboard team to generate high quality engagement and encourage artist growth.
- Interpret scripts and direct the storyboarding team with clear and effective communication
- Ensure that continuity of style and quality is maintained throughout the schedule and that clear boards are delivered by the team.
- Review and do revisions for storyboards during animatic process as required
- Follow instructions as per the notes and discussions at each stage of the storyboard process
- Communicate progress of work to production team
- Must be comfortable with sharing live drawing in various screen share platforms.
- Must be comfortable drawing in a loose gestural style in order to meet all deadlines, while still maintaining quality standards and clear storytelling
- Minimum 5 years of proven storyboard experience for production level series animation is required
- Must have a strong understanding of 3D animation pipeline/production cycle
- Experience working in Storyboard PRO and/or Photoshop
- Excellent drawing and composition skills in consideration of 3D space
- Solid knowledge of story, including language, acting and craft
- Must be able to work fast and efficiently
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and collaborative spirit with team members
- Must work digitally
- Storyboard Pro experience is an asset
Working knowledge of Maya is an asset
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process. We will work with you to meet your needs and provide accommodations upon request.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English along with any applicable demo reels and portfolios.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Must be eligible to work in Canada. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.