KPMG Professionals Are…
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.
What You Can Expect in this Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading small and medium sized client engagements.
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
- KPMG offers a variety of comprehensive benefit packages in order to meet the diverse needs of our members – at varying stages of their lives.
What You Bring to KPMG
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- Excellent people management skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead medium sized client engagements and interact effectively with clients.
- Minimum 2-3 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA or CGA).
- Completed, or nearly complete the CPA In-Depth Tax Course.
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities.
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.