Product Manager, Technical is a visionary, strategist, analyst, customer evangelist, respected leader of business and technology execution, and professional relationship builder all rolled into a single dynamic package. Every product at TMobile is envisioned and created to achieve a specific business purpose or set of business results. The Product Manager, Technical is ultimately accountable, responsible, and has ownership of T-Mobile’s internal and external products, platforms, services, experiences envisioned and created to achieve the specific business purpose or business results. At a high level, this means identifying the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs (an opportunity), technical feasibility,
business objectives, securing funding, and leading a cross-functional business and technical team, as well as key stakeholders to deliver against the opportunity.
Product Manager, Technical is the ultimate “jack-of-all-trades” leveraging deep custom Responsibilities.
As a Tech Product manager in the P&T organization, you’ll excel in the following:
- Very well versed with Telecom domain with expert understanding of Provisioning flows, Network flows.
- Excellent understanding of Back office flows including Mediation, Billing and rating and invoicing.
- Very good understanding of Telecom product catalog ( wholesale preferred)
- Deep understanding of Technical Products, maintaining and driving a product mindset wherein total value of the product is governed and articulated.
- Owns product end to end. governance of concept, financials, intake, design, dev, test, and operations, including accountability for operational performance and reporting.
- TPM is a visionary, strategist, analyst, customer evangelist, respected leader of business and technology execution
- TPM is the ultimate “jack-of-all-trades” leveraging deep customer empathy, strategic thinking and leadership prowess to successfully deliver delightful and differentiated products
- Works collaboratively with Architects to come up with technical innovations that help drive strategy.
- Ability to perform Project manager role as needed.
- Work with Business and P&T to create product roadmap
- Ability to drive solutions and convert roadmap into reality
- Leverages rapid hypothesis driven testing methodologies and experiments (i.e. paper prototype, A/B testing, etc.) to inform direction, prioritize investment.
- Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, to support decision making
- Create, manage, foster an active VOC feed for themselves and team.
- Drive technical delivery end to end; defining scope for releases/product increments; partnering with development and business
- Leverages customer insights for product vision, strategy, roadmap, priorities
- Fully conversant with Agile methodologies and tools like Jira Align, Jira and QTESTer empathy, strategic thinking, commercial, analytical, technical capability and knowledge, and leadership prowess to successfully deliver delightful and differentiated products that drive growth and positively impact customers lives.
No day is the same for the Product Manager, Technical. Day to day activities or responsibilities include: conducting market research; writing features or user stories; determining specifications; defining the long-term strategy of the product; creating the product road map; driving technical delivery end to end; defining the scope for releases/product increments; partnering with development, project/program management, marketing, and other key stakeholders to define release schedule; and support/drive go-to-market activities as needed.