Technical Project Manager
Mobiroo is looking for a Technical Project Manager who is dynamic, energetic, dedicated and a motivated individual to become a core member of our team to help grow Mobiroo. The Technical Project Manager will be tasked with helping managing agile processes and activities at Mobiroo to ensure successful day-to-day delivery of development projects and services.
Mobiroo, who manages an Android app subscription platform, has been in business for 8+ years, with global clients, located in the heart of downtown Toronto (Yonge & Bloor), with a team of 20+ employees.
Currently looking to launch a completely new mobile concept/platform focused on the consumer market.
- Gather and organize project requirements and work with the technical team to convert business requirements into lower-level technical specifications
- Working with the management and team leads to manage the overall product development pipeline and help improve the product as a whole
- Use agile methodologies in order to facilitate project planning, backlog creation, story estimation, sprint and release planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Provide direction and assistance in prioritizing development initiatives via regular product meetings while ensuring that necessary approvals are obtained
- Lead the development of new features to our platform, define priorities, dates and working with all parties involved to deliver
- Assist the Client Relations lead by being the technical liaison for Mobiroo’s global channel partners around product development
- Act as technical liaison within the team by funneling and managing requests from the business prior to reaching the technical team
- Communicate with manager project status, budget plan and resource allocation
- Manage support requests between business and technical team
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience working as a project manager or scrum master
- Strong experience in developing software
- Hands on experience in delivering projects in scrum & agile methodology
- Degree/Diploma in engineering, computer science, technology or related fields and/or strong technical background
- Ability to work directly with technical engineering teams and assist with system design specifications
- Able to communicate with internal and external development parties and translate business ideas into requirements
- High-energy, self-starter with strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, coordination and organization skills
- Flexible schedule
- Strong leadership skills
- Expertise in JIRA/ Confluence
- Experience working with mobile products
- Certified scrum master, agile practitioner or project manager certification
- Experience with startups
- Convenient office location (steps from Bloor/Yonge station)
- Fun environment (beer Fridays, company outings, in-office games)
- Work with a highly driven, motivated and passionate team that works and plays hard
- Benefits (Dental and Health insurance) and performance bonuses
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please; no recruiters.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 3 years