Requisition ID: 104539Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotia iTRADE is looking for an innovative, client-focused, results-oriented and highly motivated Product Manager, to join the Product Strategy team. The incumbent will have exciting opportunities and will be accountable for business & competitive analysis, strategic pricing reviews, and should have experience leveraging market research and analytics for innovation and market differentiation to drive business growth & client engagement. They will identify product, channel and technology solutions to enhance the client experience to ensure targets are met. As such, he/she must have experience with the product development process, creating compelling business case proposals, and launching innovative solutions. In addition, analysis our end-to-end processes related to the self-directed brokerage business with markets data and assessing our 3rd party costs to optimize our cost structure to benefit the business.
The incumbent must have excellent knowledge of technology & trends, solid analytical skills, strong business acumen, strategic focus, planning skills, and an understanding of the Fintech space. At the same time, he/she is expected to use diplomacy, judgment, and persuasion to secure consensus and co-operation from senior management, operational and front-line teams, vendors and other Wealth Management stakeholders.
The incumbent is responsible for conceptualizing, planning and influencing business solutions to address the strategic objectives of the Direct Investing business. These initiatives are focused on new business opportunities, new / enhanced features, functionality and tools, and building relationships/partnerships that deliver against Scotia iTRADEs client value proposition and key business metrics. This role will work with vendors to assess new offerings and help to manage existing vendor and supplier relationships. The Manager will work collaboratively with Product Managers, as well as colleagues in marketing, client analytics, U/X & Design, sales and service, and technology/technical resources to conceive of and manage product strategy & development.
1. Research the industry, market trends, client surveys and product offerings to identify new product offerings (features, functionality, tools & content) and digital strategies that enhance the client experience or support business objectives and prepare supporting business cases and business plans
2. Evaluate business opportunities by developing business cases that analyze potential impact on the business based on key performance metrics, major risks, market research, and internal and external benchmarks and trends.
3. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Fintech and direct investing business strategies, product offerings, business processes and rapidly changing technology to be able to develop effective business solutions
4. Monitor competitor product and marketing activity and maintain awareness of regulatory and industry-wide trends and opportunities, includes but not limited to new product enhancements, industry trends, and competitive pricing changes
5. Resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying financial services and technical knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions
6. Responsible for end-to-end processes on our platforms such as market data and analyze/assess opportunities to make reporting processes more efficient
7. Evaluate current product offerings and pricing model; recommend and develop KPIs and reporting to support new initiatives
8. Work with internal partners and stakeholders from across the organization to ensure the success of the digital product and program offerings. This includes working with teams to: develop plans to enhance usage, experience, and client satisfaction; manage enhancements to improve risk controls, and ensuring operational components are managed effectively.
9. Work with external vendors and suppliers to assess partnerships opportunities, or to manage ongoing vendor relationships and partnership strategies.
10. Plan long-term technology/product roadmaps in support of different channels and platforms.
The preferred candidate will have:
Bachelors degree in a Business, Marketing, Product Management & Administration, Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
In-depth knowledge of the investment landscape, vendors and competition, with a specific focus on the financial services industry.
Understanding of new and emerging web/mobile technologies and digital trends.
Strong critical thinking and business analysis skills.
Experience with financial modelling, along with excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and planning skills. Ability to think strategically while working tactically.
Demonstrated ability to persuade, negotiate and diplomatically communicate, both verbally and in writing. In addition, strong presentation skills.
Ability to translate and explain technical information to non-technical employees to all levels of management.
Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines, with limited resources and competing priorities.
Excellent relationship building capabilities with partners both internal and external to the organization.
5+ Years Product Management/Strategy: Experience in progressively responsible positions preferably within the financial, retail banking industry and/or online brokerage or tech company.
5+ years Vendor Management: Experience managing vendors with proven ability to drive results with external partners.
5+ years Project Execution: Proven experience serving as a lead role or subject matter expert on cross-functional digital initiatives. Ideally candidate will have worked with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
Experience and/or demonstrated ability to apply business analysis skills and financial acumen within a business and product unit outside of a financial or account functional area.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.